Started by Felicia, Christi and Amanda, Top Off Tuesday is where a bunch of us share hot-hot-hot book covers (some we’ve read, some we’ve just drooled on). Head over to Felicia’s blog to share your ToT link and see what everyone else is swooning over.
I swear I’ve ToT-ed this one before but probably just saw it on someone else’s ToT post. Either way, doesn’t this cover deserve a second posting? I mean, look at those abs…those tats…that bike…and those pants about to fall off his perfectly sculpted hips…you just can’t go wrong with it. And to whoever designed the cover: EXCELLENT text placement. It doesn’t hide ANY of the good bits!! Now, go teach all the other cover designers how to do this. Thanks.
BORN WILD (Black Knights Inc. #5) by Julie Ann Walker
352 pages, paperback
Available now (November 2013)
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Review copy provided by publisher for honest review
She’s got three rules:
1. Trust no one… Eve Edens has been abandoned, used, or manipulated by almost everyone she’s ever met. Born into ridiculous wealth, she’s dealt with the petty jealousies and sordid little resentments for nearly thirty years. But after three botched attempts on her life, she can no longer ignore the truth. Someone wants her dead.
2. Avoid the bad boys at all costs… William “Wild Bill” Reichert, the wonderfully sexy boy who abandoned her years ago, is back in town. Only he’s no boy. Now he’s a covert operative – and he’s all man. When Eve hires Bill to help her discover who is behind the attacks, Bill soon comes to suspect it’s someone much closer to Eve than she dares to believe.
3. And never fall for the same ruse twice… The search for the killer takes Bill and Eve deep into the dark secrets and strange world of the rich and famous, and into the heart of red-hot passion re-ignited by the peril that threatens to consume them both. But does Eve dare risk her heart on Bill a second time?
Oh, Eve, you poor little rich girl. People just want to use you for your money and would rather you die than live. Bless your heart. Luckily for you, your old boyfriend, you know, the one who you ditched when he was in BUD/S training and unable to contact you ASAP (granted, she was pushed into dating someone else by her father but, get a backbone, girl. Sheesh), anyway, he’s semi-willing to help you out and bring you into the Black Knights secret man cave to protect you from your would-be killer.
Money and beauty make life so hard, don’t they? *snort*
I seem to be drawn to romances that have ex-military covert ops dudes as MCs. There’s just something about a military man, you know? “Wild Bill” is obviously quite resentful with Eve, which makes for some most excellent sparks between the two of them as they work through their issues while trying to figure out who wants Eve dead. It takes a while for him to get past those 12 years of hurt and bitterness though, while he’s working through his feelings, he’s got new feels for Eve. Oh, the dilemma.
If only Eve weren’t so whiny. Bill deserves better, even if she was his first love. However, I loved the dynamics between Bill and the rest of his team and the set-up of the Black Knights so I think I’ll check out the others in this series. From what I’ve heard, the other romances are a bit better than this one.
Available on Amazon | IndieBound | Barnes and Noble
Latest posts by Mary @ TheBookSwarm (see all)
- Insta(re)gram: The Pirate Queen by Barbara Sjoholm - June 8, 2017
- Insta(re)gram: I’m Judging You by Luvvie Ajayi - June 6, 2017
- Insta(re)gram: Random Book Mail - June 4, 2017