|Kismet Book Tours|
BASIC RULES TO AVOID DEATH:
– Always be armed.
– Never walk alone.
– Know where you’re going. Never linger.
– Do not cross Varsity. Do not cross the Pretty Ones either because they all
date Varsity guys.
– Your gang is your home. Defend your fellow gang members like you would
– Be careful who you trust. You’re best off never trusting anyone all the way.
– Don’t date across gang lines.
– Never forget that you will graduate. Maybe it will be tomorrow, maybe it will
be years from now, but one day, you’ll get to walk out of McKinley.
QUARANTINE: THE LONERS (Quarantine #1) by Lex Thomas
YA Science Fiction
416 pages, hardcover
Available now (July 2012)
It was just another ordinary day at McKinley High—until a massive explosion devastated the school. When loner David Thorpe tried to help his English teacher to safety, the teacher convulsed and died right in front of him. And that was just the beginning.
A year later, McKinley has descended into chaos. All the students are infected with a virus that makes them deadly to adults. The school is under military quarantine. The teachers are gone. Violent gangs have formed based on high school social cliques. Without a gang, you’re as good as dead. And David has no gang. It’s just him and his little brother, Will, against the whole school.
Lex Thomas is the pen name for the writing team of Lex Hrabe and Thomas Voorhies. Their first novel, QUARANTINE: THE LONERS, earned a starred review from Booklist, and Huffington Post Books called it “one of the best books that I have ever read.”
Lex received a BA in Drama and English from the University of Virginia and has worked as an actor, director and writer. Thomas graduated with a Bachelors of Fine Arts from the Rhode Island School of Design, and now writes, and exhibits his realist oil paintings in Los Angeles.
Lex and Thomas met in a writers’ group in Los Angeles. Their friendship developed as they tried to blow each other’s minds with clips from bizarre movies. In 2005, they became a screenwriting team, and found that writing with a friend is much more fun than doing it alone. Visit them at www.lex-thomas.com.
Latest posts by Mary @ TheBookSwarm (see all)
- Insta(re)gram: The Pirate Queen by Barbara Sjoholm - June 8, 2017
- Insta(re)gram: I’m Judging You by Luvvie Ajayi - June 6, 2017
- Insta(re)gram: Random Book Mail - June 4, 2017