Today’s stop on the Reading Road Trip takes us to the wonderful country of Canada! I’m not from Canada (I do have a great-aunt and extended family up there) but I’ve spent a lot of time up there and it’s fabulous. Nicest, most polite people ever, beautiful, national healthcare, and super-duper cold.
Cool Facts about Canada:
- Size of Canada: 9,984,670 sq. km
- Population: 34.6 million (2011)
- Basketball was invented by a Canadian – Dr. James Naismith
- Canadians consume more mac and cheese than any other nation on the planet (SOURCE)
- A Tuque is a type of hat
- Money includes coins called Loonies ($1) and Toonies ($2)
- Poutine–fries covered with brown gravy and cheese curds–originated in Quebec
- Famous Canadians include: William Shatner, Keanu Reeves, Kiefer Southerland, Pamela Anderson, Alexander Graham Bell, Sarah McLaughlin
- Famous Canadian Authors include: Margaret Atwood (HANDMAIDEN’S TALE), Emma Donoghue (ROOM), L.M. Montgomery (ANNE OF GREEN GABLES)
Because this stop of the road trip is a YA giveaway, I’m highlighting my two favorite Canadian authors:
Moira Young (BLOOD RED ROAD)
Kelley Armstrong (Women of the Otherworld series)
- You must be thirteen or older to enter.
- Open to Internationally (some exceptions). I’ll be ordering the book from Book Depository!
- The contest will run from July 29 to August 5.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email. After that, I will choose a new winner.
- To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below:
Latest posts by Mary @ TheBookSwarm (see all)
- Insta(re)gram: The Pirate Queen by Barbara Sjoholm - June 8, 2017
- Insta(re)gram: I’m Judging You by Luvvie Ajayi - June 6, 2017
- Insta(re)gram: Random Book Mail - June 4, 2017