Today, I’m pleased to welcome Nikki Jefford, author and fellow pet parent, to The Book Swarm. Nikki is a third generation Alaskan who found paradise in the not-so-tropical San Juan Islands where she is, once more, neighbors with Canada. She has a B.A. in journalism from the University of Alaska–Anchorage and was a reporter before returning to her first love, fiction. After a whirlwind romance in France, Nikki married Sébastien in March 2000. They reside with Cosmo, the wonder Westie.
Find her at:
A Writer’s Best Friend
Thank you to Mary – and pets to Fiona – for hosting me at The Book Swarm. I thought I’d share some pictures of my Westie, Cosmo. He has been such great company to me, especially since leaving my home state of Alaska three and a half years ago.
|In Fort Bragg, California during one of our many weekend escapes from life off the grid during a three-month gardening internship.|
Cosmo, Sebastien and I made our way down to California and then worked our way back up. We lived in Willits, CA for three months, Central Oregon for over a year, and have been in the San Juan Islands, WA for two years.
|A stop at the Oregon Dunes as we made our way up the coast.|
I walk Cosmo every day, which is when I do my best brainstorming for whatever book I’m working on. When I’m not writing (or working at the local lavender farm), I’m reading. I grew up with big dogs so it’s been a treat to have a dog that curls up in my lap or cuddles at my side on the couch or on the beach while I turn pages.
|South Beach on San Juan Island where we walk and sometimes bring along a book to read.|
303 pages, ebook
303 pages, ebook
Two months after dying Graylee Perez wakes up in her twin sister Charlene’s body. As a witch, can anyone blame her mother for attempting to bring her back to life? Now Gray’s stuck sharing her sister’s body every 24 hours.
The race is on for Gray to find a way back inside her own body before Charlene purges her from existence.
Download a FREE copy of ENTANGLED Sunday, May 27, at Amazon (HERE). Book two, DUPLICITY, released this week. And don’t miss the cover reveal of book three, ENCHANTMENT, at designer Najla Qamber’s review site, Unputdownable Books, on June 7th.
- Evil Eye Amulet and Bracelet: In DUPLICITY, Gray wears an evil eye pendant, also known as a nazar, to protect herself from a spell that’s causing havoc over the witches and warlocks in her coven. The evil eye (a Turkish amulet) is used for both luck and protection against envy.
- Two Headed Quarter: Two Grays are better than none and two heads are better than one, especially when flipping over who gets to choose which movie to watch with a trick coin. Adrian returns in DUPLICITY and opens a magic shop.
- ENTANGLED bookmark
Giveaway ends June 8, 2012
Purchase ENTANGLED on Amazon HERE
(ENTANGLED is available for ebook at Amazon and is a great deal at its current price of $0.99! It will return to Barnes and Noble and Smashwords once KDP select ends July 15, 2012.)
Latest posts by Mary @ TheBookSwarm (see all)
- Insta(re)gram: The Pirate Queen by Barbara Sjoholm - June 8, 2017
- Insta(re)gram: I’m Judging You by Luvvie Ajayi - June 6, 2017
- Insta(re)gram: Random Book Mail - June 4, 2017